How to use Iron on Vinyls
How to use our iron on transfers
- Turn on your iron to a high heat setting and turn off the steam
- Select your transfer and remove by cutting it off the strip. Pull away any of the coloured tape, and pull away from the shiny card it came on.
- Place the clear plastic vinyl with the transfer attached onto your fabric, sticky side down.
- Cover your transfer with a spare piece of fabric or baking paper
- Iron on with an even heavy pressure, for approx. 20 seconds. (Longer if the iron is on a lower setting due to fabric type)
- Leave to cool slightly then gently peel of the clear plastic sheet from one corner whilst it is still warm, not hot. If the transfer is not sticking to the fabric, then go back to step 5 and try to increase the pressure for 5 – 10 secs)
- To finish your iron on vinyl, and once the plastic covering has been removed, cover the transfer with your cloth or baking paper and iron over the top for a few seconds.
- If you purchased a multi layered transfer (more than one colour per transfer) you will need to complete steps 1 – 7 for each layer ensuring you keep your spare material or baking paper covering the entire transfer whilst applying each layer.